Our implementation team is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional who is looking to work with a wide variety of individuals from Sales, Clients, Compliance, and Operations to facilitate an excellent client onboarding experience and mitigate risks associated with the capture and documentation of related transactions.
As a member of the Client Onboarding organization, the individual will specialize in the review of Legal, Regulatory, and Client Organization documentation and the approval of new relationships for the institutional business. The individual will work directly with our internal partners, clients and sales in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy. In addition, the individual will lead and motivate team members, work cross-functionally for process and procedure solutions and manage escalations. The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization, including sales, legal and compliance is critical.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The Client Implementation team supports client on-boarding for Goldman Sachs Institutional including existing client maintenance and data quality management. The team manages key relationships for the firm and infrastructure providers and assists in the coordination of additional trading features/account types for existing clients. The Client Implementation team is a key part of the Client On-boarding team within Securities Division Operations. The team is required to conduct due diligence checks for Goldman Sachs to meet its compliance obligations and other regulatory requirements. The team covers multiple businesses overseeing operations for both Clearing and Institutional services. Having a working knowledge of the operational flow of a wide variety of products is an asset. The team also works closely with Technology to design new system enhancements to improve efficiencies and controls, and with Compliance to define and implement firm policies and controls.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In this role, you will be expected to engage with clients and interact with the Business, Compliance, Credit, Legal and Operations stakeholders to ensure effective on-boarding of clients. You will need to be a quick learner and understand the regulatory environment, including multiple new regulations, to identify risk and escalate concerns while ensuring to protect the firm and the clients. They will be required to have the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization. Key responsibilities being:
• Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with “Know Your Customer” regulations
• Develop expertise in the Firm’s Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification due diligence policies
• Approve the opening of new accounts
• Design procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
• Devise and implement process improvement efficiencies
• Coordinate with internal and external clients to obtain relevant on-boarding requirements
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Reaching out to obtain regulatory information and documentation from the client/business
• Answering queries about client accounts/relationships
• Project management ranging from small enhancements to large-scale, global initiatives
• Ensuring all communications are of the highest professional standard to maintain client service excellence
• Timely and effective escalation of potential relationship issues and devising possible resolutions
• Taking responsibility for delivering against commitments
• Participate in regular meetings to maintain clarity and consistency surrounding workflow
• Develop required reporting and identify and implement efficiencies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Confidence to engage professionally and persuasively with clients and senior figures within the firm
• Ability to think critically and apply thought leadership
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
• Experience in liaising with clients both internally and externally on a global basis
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
• Thrives in a teamwork oriented environment and works well under pressure
• Excellent organizational skills to work in a dynamic environment with changing requirements
• Aptitude to manage clients’ expectations and follow-through with professionalism
• New account and operational / reconciliation experience is a plus
• Technical expertise in Microsoft Office as well as proficiency with web-based applications
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.