The Core UX Design team is part of the Goldman Sachs Front End Engineering Group, delivering great products that satisfy the firm’s business needs and achieve adoption. Our design team has expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, effective and competitive.
We are looking for an experienced Lead UX Designer to join and lead our growing design team in Bengaluru. As the lead designer you’ll work collaboratively with senior management to build the reputation of the design team in the region, whilst also supporting and empowering the team to thrive and deliver outstanding design work. You’ll also work with a global team of peers helping to evolve a design team and a design system that has international impact. Equally, as a member of the UX Design team, you will be expected to play a hands on role in designing complex, data rich experiences across web, desktop & mobile for a variety of businesses at Goldman Sachs including Securities, Operations, Technology, Research, Asset Management & Consumer Banking.
UX Designers at Goldman Sachs get involved right across the design process – from engaging with stakeholders & working out what to build, to collaborating with highly skilled user researchers, business analysts, products managers and some of the world’s best engineers to design and refine product concepts, seeing them through to production. You’ll be adept at communicating with a variety of different stakeholders and able to convey ideas effectively to those audiences. Your passion for design and innovation will be infectious and you’ll be able to demonstrate how you balance innovation & creative thinking with tight business constraints to provide solutions that drive real business value.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• This role offers the opportunity to lead and shape a growing design team in a key growth region for Goldman Sachs
• This role will empower you to interact with multiple technology and business stakeholders to shape a diverse product set, design and develop business solutions, optimize business processes, and drive commercial outcomes
• Provide the opportunity to work as part of a global design team
• Provide leadership & mentorship to the growing design team
• Be able to switch between a hands-on designer and a design leader
• Collaborate with product managers and engineers to identify new product opportunities, define problems & goals, map user flows, and oversee the development process
• Define user experience for established and green-field products
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 9+ years industry experience in digital product design (3 years of management experience)
• Entrepreneurial drive and a desire to work in a commercially focused, fast-paced environment
• Experience designing and shipping large-scale product releases
• Passion for solving complex large-scale problems
• Expertise in industry standard design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma and Axure
• Degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field
• Motion graphics experience
• Rich data visualisation experience
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.