Resiliency Engineering is a global team leading engineering on resiliency through consistent, unified global governance, data driven metrics monitoring and modern automation techniques. Resilience has been defined as the ability of firms, financial market infrastructures (FMIs), and the financial sector as a whole to prevent, adapt, respond to, recover and learn from operational disruptions The team is primarily responsible for providing resilience linkage and visibility of important business services to respond to operational disruptions.
The Product Lead at GS sets the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for a product or product line. The role also extends its accountability to ensuring successful adoption of the products within the user (developer) community. In many ways, the role of a Product Lead is similar in concept to a brand manager at a consumer packaged goods company. Product leads provide the deep product expertise needed to lead the Engineering teams to facilitate strategic product decisions and lay out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands. The role spans many activities from strategic to tactical and provides important cross-functional leadership — most notably between engineering and business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The Product Lead will be responsible for guiding the success of all products within the Resiliency Engineering and lead the cross-functional teams that are responsible for stabilising and improving overall developer experience
• The Product Lead is the person responsible for defining the why, when, and what of the product that the engineering team builds. This means they lead cross-functional teams from a product's conception all the way through to its launch.
• This role offers a high profile opportunity to manage products as well as lead projects which involve various businesses and entities within the firm. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with various teams across multiple divisions such as Engineering, Securities, IMD, IBD, Technology Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit
• This role requires an experienced professional with well-developed product delivery skills. Strong communication skills are also needed, as the role will involve working closely with team members in many other groups in the firm.
• Managing the initiation, planning, execution, monitor/control, and close out of workstreams
• Facilitate project scope definition and project plan development (inclusive of scope, design, schedule, budget, resource plan, issues & process
• Partnering with technology teams in other groups in the firm to ensure project risks (e.g., execution, technology, license) are identified and addressed
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Software development and delivery background preferred
• Minimum 7 years work experience successfully driving projects
• Must have experience in coordinating work across multiple disciplines or organizations and be adept at building consensus across organizational and functional lines
• Must have experience with managing client expectations and communicating effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Ability to translate business requirements into a project plan which includes all milestones, dependencies, and resources; manage the execution of the plan - strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Proficient in the use of MS Office products
• Industry certification in Product and/or Project Management
• Technical grounding, i.e. prior grounding in application development and / or technology platform management
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.