Unix Engineering is a global team that architects and manages the Linux, Virtualization, and Server Hardware computing platform at Goldman Sachs.
The Unix engineering team works closely with application developers and strategists to build and deploy technology solutions at Goldman Sachs. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, is developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform.
Patching initiative at GS was launched to ensure that the entire compute plant is running with most recent security patches while minimizing impact to applications and developer communities. The Linux Patching team is responsible for managing and producing application suite that ensures entire private and hybrid cloud Linux plant is running on up to date Operating System versions. Engineers on the team work on highly distributed systems written in go and python, interacting with Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Config Management Systems (Salt, etc.) and many others.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Write applications to orchestrate patching. Expose relevant data for reporting via multiple channels
• Write tooling to automate tasks and implement/scale/test infrastructure services
• Interact regularly with internal clients and partner engineering teams across the organization
• Work closely with 1st- and 2nd-level organizations to perform deeply technical troubleshooting
• Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity
• Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given the tools to help you develop your career.
• You will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio.
• We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Hands-on experience with architecture, implementation and operation of a Linux-based compute environment
• Demonstrable experience in setting and meeting project goals when implementing and integrating complex technology concepts
• Experience with building RESTful web services
• Expertise in Go and Python
• Expertise in shell scripting
• Experience operating in a Unix/Linux environment
• Experience with designing and building high-throughput, scalable, resilient systems
• Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Commercially focused; understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science or Engineering program or equivalent experience
• Hands-on experience with containerization technologies and tools: OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker
• Software development and CI/CD tools: GIT, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins
• Experience using/developing against relational and nosql databases
• Familiarity with security practices and platforms (e.g. encryption, certificates, key management, oAuth, LDAP)
• Experience with graph databases and frameworks is a plus
• Experience with Cloud platforms (such as Amazon’s AWS or Google’s GCE) is a plus
• Familiarity with system configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, cfengine, etc.) to manage compute infrastructure at scale
• Strong oral and written communication skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.