Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
A lead software developer in Test Engineering is a developer with the primary responsibility of designing, writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You will be writing code that automatically verifies the quality of the product. That means that you potentially write more code than the developers.
The person is able to understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process. Our engineers work directly with Application development teams to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. QA Certification team will be the clients who use these frameworks to test application.
If you’re passionate about software quality, a highly technical problem solver, enjoy thinking outside the box, and thrive in a collaborative environment we would love to talk more about how you can help drive quality!
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• 7+ years of experience in building test automation frameworks in Java, Python, C++ or any modern programming language
• Strong computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong experience in building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools like Robot framework, Cucumber etc.
• Experience in non-functional testing, including performance testing etc.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity