The Executive Office plays an integral role in setting and advancing Goldman Sachs’ corporate strategy, and in preserving the firm’s distinctive culture. We are responsible for safeguarding the firm’s relationship with alumni, clients, shareholders, policy makers, and the broader public, while ensuring that our own people remain informed about the firm’s evolving priorities. We also partner with the businesses to source high-impact opportunities in line with the firm’s social and sustainability agendas.
Launch With GS is Goldman Sachs’ $500mm investment strategy grounded in our belief that diverse teams drive strong returns. Through Launch With GS, Goldman Sachs aims to increase access to capital and facilitate connections for women, Black, Latinx and other diverse entrepreneurs and investors.
Launch With GS sits within the influential Firmwide Strategy Group, which reports to the firm’s Chief Strategy Officer and works with the Executive Office and senior divisional and business unit management to set and execute key strategic priorities for the firm. The group develops, evaluates, and executes plans for new businesses and growth initiatives, including Launch With GS, and leads strategic transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions, and dispositions, on behalf of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Launch With GS is seeking an associate, to be based in London and with a focus on Europe, to build relationships with entrepreneurs and investors and contribute to the firm’s commercial growth initiatives related to diversity.
The associate role on Launch With GS is multifaceted, due to the dynamic nature of the group’s initiatives. In general, the associate will:
• Contribute to the evaluation, analysis and support of commercial growth initiatives related to diversity across the firm
• Build relationships with entrepreneurs and investors across the venture capital ecosystem
• Source and perform initial evaluation of investment opportunities
• Synthesize information and analyses into meaningful deliverables / presentations for senior management and external stakeholders
• Develop custom content for our target audience and strategize on social media and paid marketing efforts
• Manage the content-related portion of external and internal newsletter communications
• Collaborate and work on special projects with Firmwide Strategy and other divisions within the firm
Desired Experience / Skills:
• 3-5 years of client-facing experience, preferably in business development or strategy
• Demonstrated passion to narrow diversity investing gaps
• Demonstrated interest in venture capital and startups
• Ability to develop and foster deep relationships with external and internal stakeholders
• Self-starting, highly proactive person who demonstrates initiative and ownership and can work with little direction on complicated, sensitive assignments
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Team orientation
• Strong written and oral communication skills with confidence and ability to interact effectively with senior firm leaders and external clients
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet competing deadlines
• Fast learner, ability to leverage personal and organizational network to drive results
• Strong analytical, quantitative, and technical abilities
• Resourceful and proactive work approach
• Knowledge of marketing strategy, including social media, helpful but not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity