Internal Audit (IA) examines, evaluates and performs an independent assessment of the firm's control environment and reports findings back to senior management and the firm's Audit Committee (AC). IA's function as well as its obligation to report to the firm's Audit Committee is regulated by the Federal Reserve.
The IA Reporting, Analysis & Strategic Operations team (The Team) reports directly to the IA Chief Operating Officer and
• works closely with the Global Audit Director and the IA Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to prepare presentations to the Audit Committee of the GS Board of Directors
• provides IA senior leadership with metrics related to Audit Plan execution and IA findings remediation
• coordinates three key department-wide processes: i) the IA Annual Risk Assessment, ii) Audit Plan Development and iii) IA Staff Skills Assessment
• leads strategic process enhancements to drive efficiency in the department and works closely with the Professional Practice Group (PPG), Technology Strategy Office (TSO), Data Analytics (DA) and senior auditors on implementing strategic changes as prioritized by IA’s senior leadership
• Collect, analyze and visualize IA data to facilitate reporting to IA senior leadership and the Audit Committee of the GS Board of Directors
• Build production ready analytical tools to support repeatable and reusable reporting processes in IA
• Prepare IA presentation materials to the Audit Committee of the GS Board of Directors
• Design, produce and distribute key IA metrics to IA senior leadership, as well as facilitate ad-hoc requests for IA data
• Work with senior auditors to drive accuracy and completeness of key IA data elements
• Work on departmental strategic initiatives driven by The Team in partnership with PPG, TSO and DA
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System, Math or Statistics
• Hands-on experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, QlikView, or Spotfire
• Strong Microsoft skills preferred including Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strategic mind-set with ability to challenge current processes and generate solutions
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Excellent follow through skills and ability to draw informed conclusions
• Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively and work under tight time constraints
• Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated
• Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity