Operations partners with all areas of Goldman Sachs to deliver our institutional, consumer and asset management businesses and to provide a seamless experience for our clients. We manage and process our clients’ business, including onboarding, post-trade processing and regulatory compliance. Our teams work closely across the firm to develop and deliver new products and services, while mitigating operational risk and enhancing the client experience. We drive process and technology change to scale and automate our businesses. Operations professionals are either embedded in the revenue division that they support, or they support multiple businesses and are part of core Operations.
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams to manage the firm’s retail cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to contribute your cash management and retail transactions experience to support our retail clients and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross product sub division, the primary objectives are to mitigate payment risk through the active monitoring of retail deposits, lending, or card accounts, executing payments, monitoring adherence to NACHA operating rules.
The sub division has a rare opportunity as an independent control to support the Marcus by Goldman Sachs with electronic payments, ACH, Lock box, check, wire, ACH risk management, settlement, clearing and ACH file monitoring in order to mitigate operational money movement risks.
Treasury Services has regional presence in Salt Lake City, Dallas, New York, London, Bengaluru, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and many other offices working closely together.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Monitor ACH transactions, ACH returns, entries from external originators and review daily file extracts before they are sent to the ACH operator using ACH Risk Manager.
- Review and action exceptions throughout the ACH payment monitoring process
- Perform daily bank reconciliation of general ledger accounts to ensure proper cash settlement of customer activity
- Investigate and resolve breaks identified in the daily bank reconciliation
- Collaborate with the GS Marcus Back Office(s), marketing, internal audit and fraud with ACH, check and wire transaction data and problem resolution.
- Execute the daily cash positioning process for settlement and clearing of retail deposit transactions.
- Partner with third party processor or vendors to resolve incidents, file errors and rejects and monitoring controls.
- Collate the monthly cash and ACH risk analytics presentation for Treasury Service management
- Process wire or returns transactions using Fedline Advantage and proprietary payment systems
- Participate in system testing and basic/full regression testing; work closely with GS Engineering and Change delivery teams
- Participate in cross functional projects impacting Marcus and other cross functional business projects.
- Provide data support for retail cash management including wire transfer, ACH risk management and ACH fraud reporting.
- Provide training to new joiners in the team.
- Partner with the regional payments authority to respond to ACH rules requirements & changes.
- Participate in internal and external audits processes, as well as quality assurance testing.