Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Team Overview: The Regulatory Controls Management Team (RCM) centrally manages pre-trade and trade control processes associated with certain regulatory obligations of the Global Markets division. The team focuses on the design of pre trade and trade controls for Sales/Trading, including control enhancements, alert management and escalation to key stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage the local team, with daily functional oversight and responsibility for the delivery of all work/ projects
• Develop subject matter expertise on covered obligations and represent the team in various working groups across multiple stakeholders
• Lead strategic initiatives to streamline pre-trade and post-trade control design, workflows and processes across obligations
• Partner and interact with businesses, Compliance, Legal and Technology to formulate and develop business control requirements for new regulatory implementation
• Develop tools and management reporting (e.g. metrics, dashboards) to improve visibility and facilitate escalation to obligation owners, desks and senior leadership
• Partner with Engineering to establish control metrics and effectiveness criteria and identify strategic enhancements on an ongoing basis
• Knowledge of Global Markets businesses and ability to build relationships with sales / trading and navigate complex landscapes
• Prior exposure to regulatory obligations eg MIFID II requirements (Quote Capture, Derivatives Trading Obligation (DTO), Recordkeeping)
• Familiarity with derivative products, sales / trading booking platforms and trade flows
• Prior experience driving data strategy and uplift of controls preferred
• Demonstrate sound judgement and decision making while managing risk appropriately
• Ability to manage timelines/deadlines, multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to identify and articulate complex issues to a diverse group of stakeholders, propose mitigants/ solutions and escalate appropriately
• Strong time and project management/organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to handle a fast-paced environment; communicate factually and influentially
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity