CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $90 billion in deposits, $7 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
Fulfilling your potential
• Goldman Sachs’ Digital Finance team is bringing together a group of highly skilled technology engineers with a strong desire to change the industry.
• DevOps principles and utilizing advanced cloud capabilities are fundamental to our strategy of market agility and lean operating principles with a strict focus on quality that meets the demands of digital customers.
• We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious Cloud Engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing cutting-edge cloud computing capabilities.
• As a member of the Marcus Cloud team you will champion the advancement of cloud adoption, develop and deploy our cloud architecture and be a leading voice of cloud strategy.
• Lead the cultural changes necessary for cloud adoption and migration
• Develop, coordinate and communicate the cloud architecture, migration and adoption across our digital products
• Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet and other tools
• Design and develop high-quality automation workflows in the cloud platform
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and executives
• Experience migrating platforms to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon's AWS
• Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated
• Able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment
• Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions
• Extensive experience with AWS and AWS native toolsets such as AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPCs, Kinesis, Dynamo, SQS, SNS, SWF etc.
• Extensive experience with automation and configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Jenkins or similar
• Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
• Strong background in Linux
• Strong background in scripting and automation in languages such as Python and Ruby
• Strong background in cloud operations instrumentation and monitoring of distributed architectures using AppDynamics, Splunk, Nagios or similar
• Strong background with source control management systems (GIT or Subversion); Build Systems (Maven, Gradle), Code Quality (Sonar), Artifact Repository Manager(Maven), Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
• Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
• Knowledge of containerization
• Hands-on expertise in containerization technologies such as kubernetes
• Hands-on expertise in SDLC deployment and using tools such as GitLab, Ansible, Terraform, Nexus and Jenkins
• Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
• Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher, and/or equivalent experience
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity