Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) is a Technology Business Unit focused on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. ETO’s Engineering team apply software engineering to production management services including availability, latency, performance, efficiency, service management, capacity planning & monitoring. ETO Engineers drive automation by building and adopting tools and practices that enable standardization of Technology’s runtime environment. ETO Engineering team uses big data processing, machine learning, real-time streaming analytics and simplified visualization/interaction to give computer systems the ability to learn and automate many of the tasks that humans would normally perform manually to run the bank’s systems. This is achieved through sophisticated engineering; autonomics and machine learning that statistically and inductively help understand the behaviour of these complex systems. An individual in this role is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale event processing in engineering products in ETO. The individual will engage in full-stack development that may be required to achieve the desired outcomes.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Assist with the planning, strategy, and implementation of the ServiceNow modules such as ITSM, Service Portal, HRSD, Security Operations; and other modules, as part of ServiceNow Program strategy.
• Analyze IT governance structures, and identify recommendations for enhancements based on ITSM best practices
• Provide subject matter expertise, act as ITIL process advocate to design, develop and implement ITIL processes within the ServiceNow platform
• Facilitate client workshops and conduct interviews to drive stakeholder consensus on requirements and solutions
• To identify process improvement areas and drive related projects
• Pro-actively manage risks, and stakeholder expectations, by implementing strong Platform onboarding, governance and operational practices
• Design and build custom applications using ServiceNow Platform capabilities (ServiceNow Studio/Flow Designer/Integration Hub), by demonstrating strong SDLC practices (re-use, modular, quality review, automated testing, reliability and automation)
• Expert in IT Asset Management Lifecycle processes (including hardware and software) and Configuration Management processes; using Common Service Data Model (CSDM)
• Experience with defining and interpreting data models and querying SQL databases.
• Partner with ServiceNow Implementation partners and Platform support teams to architect and build business solutions using ServiceNow platform
• Create and maintain Platform implementation roadmaps and provide hands-on assistance with the detailed design and implementation approach.
• Familiar with infrastructure technologies that are used to deliver services from a Data Center
• Able to work with and coordinate data collection, integrating with GS On-prem and GS Cloud applications with ServiceNow platform
• Expert in Configuration Management process & operational delivery
• Assist Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs
• Serve as teams’ or programs’ information radiator, representing the team or program to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors
• Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level
• Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases
• Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
• Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles
• Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum of 8 years overall experience in implementing ITIL, Enterprise Service Management, Asset and Configuration Management
• Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
• At least 3 years of experience with ServiceNow as an Architect
• Knowledge of the ITIL service life cycle and ITSM best practices
• Knowledge of web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture (SSO, SAML, OAuth, TLS, REST/SOAP, etc)
• Implementing processes and procedures for ServiceNow platform management and continued operations
• Practical experience with agile methodologies/tools, ITIL process implementation
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to describe solutions with a business focus
• Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control and deployment
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.