We are open to considering requests for flexible working.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We promote continuous learning by way of cross training and business engagement across the stack of functions in EQ product class. Your role will involve active partnership with the sales, trading, credit, legal and other operations teams which will be key to effectively manage the risk and business / client expectations for the trades we support. In addition to the responsibilities assigned to you, you will be encouraged to contribute ideas towards enhancement and streamlining the activities. You will also manage the team and will be role model for the people you are managing hence leading by example will be crucial for success in the role.
The EQ Operations team manages Equities related trade confirmations and settlements work-flow. The team is responsible for ensuring all Equities OTC derivative deals are confirmed in a timely manner and settled. Partnership with multiple groups are key to effective risk management – teams ensure discrepancies are investigated and resolved by leveraging internal sales/trading , technology, legal, Middle office teams and external dealer / client backoffice contacts. The individual is required to be dynamic and client service oriented with high focus on risk and control. From an early stage, we develop and expect our people to think creatively and ‘outside the box’, as well as improving the daily process and taking responsibility and ownership for this to happen. The role also requires the ability to seamlessly switch between multiple activities and significant interaction with clients so communication will be a key asset.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
• Risk manage confirmations and settlements for Equity Derivatives transactions
• Planning, monitoring & managing workflows by delegating queues to team members, approving high risk/value transactions and supervision of functions to ensure completion with timeliness and accuracy
• Extract, analyse & interpret key data from source reports for proactive stakeholder communication around risk
• Managing inward & outward escalations internally/externally to mitigate Operational, Reputational, Regulatory & Financial risk
• Weekly risk reviews and effective KRI(Key Risk Indicator) reporting
• Liaising with internal teams and stakeholders to manage accurate books & records
• Review daily exception reports and resolve any outstanding items pertaining to team’s responsibilities
• Pro-actively work with external clients and other dealers to resolve economic and language discrepancies on Equity deals
• Partner with internal teams - Sales , Trading, Credit, Technology and other operations teams to ensure timely confirmation and settlement
• Accurate and timely settlement of cash-flows with adherence to the internal payment policy and procedures
• Maintain accurate and clean post settlement work-flows - breaks, fails, etc
• Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of the teams' processes and controls
• Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
• Career mapping for team members with focus on their knowledge enhancement, career growth and job enrichment in the firm
• Coaching and guidance for team members by providing regular feedback, planning & scheduling training requirements
• Annual Employee performance review and delivery of feedback
• Project and initiative management and participation within the team and across regions
• Bachelors’ degree
• Strong motivation to succeed, both as an individual and as a team
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines, at the same time as risk mitigation
• Effective problem solving and critical-thinking skills
• Ability to use discretion and good judgment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong appreciation of client service
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Operations or related field in Financial industry
• Risk and Control focused
• Ability to deal with multiple complex issues at the same time while meeting client deadlines
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity