How would you like to be involved in a central part of Goldman Sachs' risk management framework? We are looking for highly motivated individuals with strong analytical skills and a broad interest in financial and economic markets. Our credit professionals make a critical contribution to management of the firm’s risk on a daily basis. These roles enable individuals to develop expertise in financial and business analysis of the firm’s trading counterparties as well as the risks inherent in derivative, funding and lending products, and to take on increasing responsibility over time.
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk works closely with the CRO / senior management to manage Goldman Sachs’ credit risk. Credit professionals protect the firm’s capital by using in-depth knowledge of our clients, markets, and trading products to make decisions on acceptable level of firm’s risk appetite. Staffed with 300 professionals, Credit Risk operates through different offices around the world. Credit Risk provides a unique opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills and expertise in risk management while working on financial transactions.
How you will fulfil your potential
- Managing product risk, including credit limit and settlement risk monitoring, limit exception management, stress testing, risk exposure analysis and reporting, and post-trade risk management processes, often reporting and providing analysis to senior management
- Providing quantitative and qualitative credit risk analysis, including the use of risk modeling tools to help estimate the credit risk of the firm’s transactions
- Overseeing the activities covering a group of products / markets, and provides technical and decision-making judgment and guidance, organizational infrastructure
- Developing and managing relationships with other areas of the firm, including Operations, Collateral Management, Legal, Compliance, Technology
- Supporting projects to improve the firm’s systems and infrastructure, leveraging and developing your knowledge of how the firm models and monitors credit risk across various traded products
- Developing a good high level working knowledge of methods used to model and monitor credit risk across various products, and be able to guide junior team members in problem-solving and analysis
Skills/experience we are looking for
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in an analytical financial role, preferably within credit risk management. Specific experience covering financial derivatives would be an advantage
- Broad knowledge of GS’ business
- Strong interest and familiarity with finance, financial markets and economic developments
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to understand mechanics of derivative products
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated experience of providing training and guidance to more junior colleagues
- Ability to work flexibly in teams and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines
- Strong Excel / VBA / SQL skills preferred
- Ability to work flexibly in teams and manage a varied workload to meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated with strong academic background and a commitment to excellence
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently