As a Regulatory Financial Reporting Controller (RFRC) you will be responsible for enhancing and further developing the firm’s strategic regulatory financial reporting architecture and platforms which are used to financial reporting to regulators across EMEA. This includes the opportunity to work with various teams to scope out reporting requirements and develop technological solutions for automated reporting. We’re looking for a driven professional who wants to use and develop their project management skills along with accounting and technological skills to leverage the latest technology tools to produce high quality reporting and analysis of our entities’ balance sheet, income statement and related disclosures.
Controllers are a diverse team of specialists charged with ensuring the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution.
RFRC works in partnership with Legal Entity Controllers and the Controllers Technology teams while also closely interacting with Regulatory Controllers and Product Controllers. The broader Controllers team ensures the integrity of entity level information in accordance with all relevant GAAP’s, facilitating the entities’ consolidation, assessing and monitoring reporting risks associated with trading activities, and/or offers analytical and regulatory support. Our work contributes directly to the firm’s success.
As contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, RFRC’s have the opportunity to experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products, best in class technology systems and work flows on a regular basis. If you are keen to develop an in‐depth understanding of financial services, Controllers is a great place to further your career. The division isideal for collaborative individuals who enjoy working in a strong team focused culture, and are motivated by opportunities for challenging stretch assignments. You will receive continuous
training, both formal and informal, to ensure your ongoing professional development and exposure to and support from senior members of our team from the outset.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Analysis of upcoming regulatory financial reporting requirements within EMEA with respect to financial information, on/off balance sheet and income statement
• Understanding system flows, bookings and assist in technology build as per necessary reporting requirements
• Submission of returns in an accurate & timely manner at varying frequencies, as stipulated by the regulator
• Investigation of issues and exceptions with various divisions of the firm such as Technology, Risk, Corporate Treasury, Operations
• Ad‐hoc requests from senior management, regulator and other teams
• Involved in cross divisional projects requiring collaboration across Technology, Regulatory policy, Legal entity/Product controllers, etc
• Proactively seeking opportunities to improve workflows, technology and integrity of reporting information
• Ensure application of a robust control environment by performing key checks and controls proving data completeness and consistency across and between outputs
• Understanding the impact of regulatory developments and proactively work to identify solutions
• Understanding the business, keeping up‐to‐date with business developments and being able to communicate this effectively to team members
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Motivation to work with innovative new technology tools, software/platform building
• German language (B1 or higher)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Experience/knowledge of one or more of the following will be an advantage:
German GAAP and IFRS
Regulatory financial reporting such as BISTA
Reporting software like Axiom
• Strong analytical skill – You demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment
• Functional expertise ‐ Enjoy keeping up‐to‐date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
• Strong technical skills – You demonstrates strong technical skills, pay attention to detail, take initiative to broaden your knowledge and resolve issues
• Personal drive and motivation ‐ Successfully handle multiple tasks, take initiative to improve your own performance, work intensely towards challenging goals
• A client and business focus ‐ Effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long‐term relationships with clients, help the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Strong teamwork ethic – You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills. You collaborate well with others within and across teams, encourage other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
• Excellent communication skills ‐ Communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and share information/new ideas with others
• Judgement and problem solving – You will always be thinking ahead, able to anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives.
• Creativity/Innovation and a desire to add value ‐ Look for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• The ability to influence outcomes ‐ Present sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Able to take a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity