Operations is dynamic, multi-faceted and partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The Asset Management Alternatives Private Middle Office is seeking an Analyst/Associate to support the various business lines within Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
This is an exceptionally diverse role that entails collaboration with the Business, Strategists, Engineering, Controllers, Legal, Risk, Credit, Tax, Compliance & across Operational groups to facilitate business that is multi-asset, dynamic and bespoke.
Asset classes include Public / Private Securities, Loans, Derivatives (Vanilla & Exotic), FX, Real Estate & bespoke structures. The successful individual will be expected to be commercial, analytical & creative whilst ensuring the highest level of risk management.
Alternatives Private Middle Office members are subject matter experts within Operations who play a critical role in supporting bespoke and complex transactions. New products/ business, entity creation, infrastructure enhancements, risk management and cross-regional and cross-divisional coordination are core activities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Gain an in-depth & comprehensive understanding of a wide range of products, processes, bespoke transactions and corporate practices / governance.
• Partner with the Business and Federation to provide subject matter and system knowledge expertise for seamless transaction closings.
• Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring all trade economics are correctly captured in the risk management system.
• Leverage your analytical skills to deconstruct complex structured transactions and propose creative, robust operational solutions.
• Face off with stakeholders and drive priorities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Candidate must be comfortable in a high pressure environment.
• Strong problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Innate curiosity and drive.
• Able to work well in a team environment, across multiple teams and regions.
• Prior knowledge of Derivatives, Loans, Equities and Bonds preferred but not essential.
• Mandarin Chinese language skills preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity